Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Painting Talk

More thoughts on composition today.  If you remember: Composition is a very important part of all art making.  In abstraction it is part of what pulls the painting together.  Allows the painting to " flow". 

Still preparing for up coming workshops and working on my own work.  Trying to expand my vision as an artist, I think about composition a lot.

During the workshops  we will talk about composition.  For that I have been challenging myself to try different "composition styles"

Here is an example of a circular composition.

Heavenward 6x6, oil and cold wax on panel, Sold


Upcoming Workshops
August 26 -28, 2016
Intro to Abstraction and Cold wax techniques
Binders Art Supply Atlanta, GA 

October 2-8, 2016
Abstraction and Cold was techniques
Ghost Ranch, NM 
 



No comments: