Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The courage to keep painting

Autumnal, 36x36 inches




I had this grand idea (and still do) that I would paint a series of red paintings which I am still working on.  The interesting thing is your brain says one thing and translating it to canvas is totally another.  I've had other painters say'" blue is a hard color to master or green."  Yes they are.   Especially green when you are painting the Blue Ridge Mountains in summer but the association with red can be rather bloody.  Take for instance this little video of my studio which I will share and the large painting white and red....... it is a little over powering. The above paintings is the end result and with out all that red this would not have been successful.  On to more painting.............

No comments: