Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yesterday was one of those days when you work on a painting and nothing pops. It's like," why am I doing this"? I knew there needed just a little somethings else and then Bang the composition came together, the color seems right and all is better with the world . (I'll post the painting if I can get a good picture of it.)

Let me know is you have those times in the studio? I think all readers will benefit through this sharing process.

"I paint not by sight but by faith. Faith gives you sight". quote by Amos Ferguson.

1 comment:

Nebraska Women's Caucus for Art said...

Hi, Cindy,
I often have days like this, and sometimes a piece comes together as I'm working on it, but sometimes even the finished painting just doesn't work. But, as you said in another post, we all make things that aren't great. I almost always learn _something_, and occasionally there is someone who actually likes the paintings I think are the poorest examples of my work. That's when I keep my criticisms to myself and hope they pull out their checkbooks. ;)

Cheers, Lori Elliott-Bartle