Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Commissioned Art Work



I have just completed two new commissions. Commissions are an interesting thing..I can't live with them and I can't live with out them. What do I mean by this? Well commissions help pay the bills and allows me to expand aspects of my work such as size, colors . On the other hand my work has taken a lot of turns recently. Usually commissions are based on past work not necessarily what is presently going on in my mind or on the canvas. I some times feel like a split personality stepping into the past but still trying to push forward. I am very pleased with these new pieces and I know the client is.

If you have any feedback on painting commissions please comment. I have learned a lot!

Oops forgot titles and sizes: 1) Beyond the Horizon oil 35"x 70" 2) Evening Prayer 2 40"x50"

No comments: